Wow, 2016 has come and gone already, I cannot believe it. I feel like the years go by much faster in college than they did in high school. In the fall I’m going to be a Junior and I literally feel like I just finished freshman year!! What the heck!?
I want to write out my New Year’s Resolution this year so I can stay more accountable (yall gotta yell at me if I start slipping on these). I broke down my different resolutions into the different parts of my life to make it a little easier. Let’s get started…
- I need to sit down and actually study, and study hard this semester. (I’ll be taking 18 credit hours, which is the max, and so I need to take every class very seriously.)
- Really think about what I want to do career wise and what I want to do after college. I need to have a plan seeing as I will be done with college in one more year.
- Strive for good grades with a high GPA.
- Get more involved and make more friends on campus.
- Really get dedicated and invested in my blog.
- Purchase my own domain!!!
- Try and start making money from my blog.
- Keep bringing yall good content regularly.
- Stay on top of my video schedule. For some reason I have the most trouble with my youtube because it takes SO MUCH TIME. You have to get all dressed up, do hair, makeup, then set up your equipment, check your settings (multiple times), and then spend an hour or so filming. Not to mention the 2-3 hours it takes to edit the video. Ugh. It is so time consuming but I really do love doing it! So I am going to try to keep posting videos when I have time!
- Learn more editing techniques
- Create my own custom intro to all of my videos.
- Buy or DIY lighting for better video.
You May Also Like: Do You Want to Start a Youtube Channel? Here’s How!
Paper Trail Planners
- Start marketing more to get more traffic and sales.
- Purchase my own e-commerce website.
- Find new ways to improve my products.
- Design new front covers.
- Start branching out and creating Fraternity & Sorority planners on campus or planners for student orgs on campus.
- Create new reusable planning themes that are generic and trendy.
- Become more professional with my designs.
Get yourself a new planner to ring in the new year HERE.
- Brush my teeth & floss every night before bed. I know this one sounds weird but I really want to start doing this EVERY NIGHT.
- Wear my retainer every night. I honestly don’t remember the last time I wore my retainer and that is horrible. I know my teeth have shifted & I don’t want 3 years of braces to go down the drain, and nether does my mom.
- Start working out regularly and get back in shape. Although I haven’t gained any weight since I’ve went to college all of my muscle has turned into fat and I know I am no longer in shape from competitive cheerleading so I want to bring my body back into shape.
- Try new foods and expand my horizon. I am the PICKIEST eater you will ever meet and it is so unhealthy because all I eat is noodles, cheese, and bread. I’m serious. I need to start eating like an adult instead of D’s 6 year old sister.
- Stop worrying about what others will say or think about me. I need to start making decisions for myself because I want to. For a little background info on why this is added to my New Year’s Resolution check out this post.
- Start saving money for big things like kids, wedding, house, car, etc.
- Invest more time and effort into my friendships and relationships.
I hope that by writing these down I will stay more committed to sticking to them. All of these things are important to me and need to be addressed during 2017. So wish me luck!
What are your New Year’s Resolutions for 2017?
HAPPY NEW YEAR!